Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Apologies for TopItAll Crafts website Problems

I am sending a big apology to all who have tried to access my online craft shop lately. I am not a website guru and although learning new stuff all the time, I do depend on my web host, Paul, from Hosting Duo to sort out my problems, but there had been a bit of a communication problem and so Paul never got my message. Thankfully, he is back, and the problem was sorted within half an hour!

I tried everything that I was capable of, and although I sorted the 404 not found page from appearing, I still had the problem of a big red banner at the top of my site, telling me what to do. Unfortunately, one look at the page suggested, sent me running back, quite quickly, to my home page without making any changes. I don't know how Paul does it, but then, if I were to ask him to ask him to set up a Cisco router, I bet he wouldn't know where to start! Yet I could do that, quite easily, because that is what I have been trained in when I was working for the County Council. Everyone to his own, I say, which is why I leave the website back office stuff to Paul. I add the content after making or buying it, and I am quite content to do just that.

I must admit, that I have been neglecting my craft website while I have been setting up my marketing website, e-books and relevant splash pages, etc. When all is in place I will be able to look after both sites comfortably, but until then, expect work to be slow on my craft site. So, sincere apologies to all who have accessed my site lately and been confronted with the red banner! Anyone who has signed up for my newsletter will get a code to enable them to access a discount on all products at checkout. I will be sending this out on Friday together with a link to a free holiday in the USA for a weekend break! Sign up now, if you are not on the list for my Top It All newsletter.

No comments: